| device that enables one or several conductors to pass through a partition such as a wall or a tank, and insulate the conductors from it.
NOTE 1 – The means of attachment (flange or fixing device) to the partition forms part of the bushing. The conductor may form an integral part of the bushing or be drawn into the central tube of the bushing.
NOTE 2 – The bushings may be of the following types:
- liquid-filled bushing;
- liquid-insulated bushing;
- gas-filled bushing;
- gas-insulated bushing;
- oil-impregnated paper bushing;
- resin-bonded paper bushing;
- resin-impregnated paper bushing;
- ceramic, glass or analogous inorganic material bushing;
- cast or moulded resin-insulated bushing;
- combined insulation bushing;
- compound-filled bushing;
- gas-impregnated bushing.